SUMMARY turning console massages off

From: Sheridan, Daniel <Daniel.Sheridan_at_open-talk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:30:59 +0000

Many thanks to all of the peole who replied.

My question was:

How do I turn off massages when working on the console?

The replies were numerous and the answers all revolved the same idea if
using different methods:

stop the syslogd

The command is:

/sbin/init.d/syslog stop

and then start the daemon when I had completed the work

Thanks again
Daniel Sheridan

This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only;
unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this
e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on
behalf of any company in the British Interactive Broadcasting
Holdings Limited group, nor do its contents reflect the corporate
views or policies of any such company. Any unauthorised disclosure,
use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the
sender immediately.