SUMMARY:Tru64, SAmba,isql,MSaceess

From: Eddie Griffiths <edgriff_at_ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:58:27 +1200

Three answers came from this

1. FTP as ASCII instead of Samba. -
    Worked OK

2. use unix2dos
    Didn't try

3. Open file in Wordpad and just save. (not save as)
    Means the users can still use Samba, and are resonsible for this action on their own files.

Thanks to those who replied

> When I produced a txt file from isql on our HP-UX box and FTP'd the files, importing into Access was a breeze.
>
> Now on Tru64 any text file produced and transfered via samba seems to loose the carriage returns and the file comes accross as one huge long line, therefore making importing into access impossible...
>
> Any suggestions

Eddie Griffiths
edgriff_at_ihug.co.nz

Manager / Developer
Database Developments Invercargill
ddi_at_ihug.co.nz
Ph:(03) 216 1112
Cp:(025) 288 2222

This email or attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged information intended for the
sole use of the addressee(s). Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message,
except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and erase
all copies of the message, including any attachments.