problem with yppasswd

From: Shiu Tin <shiu_at_rsphysse.anu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:22:33 +1000 (EST)

I am having problem wiht yppasswd after upgrading our YP master to v5.1
from v4.0D.

It gave an RPC timed out error when user change password:

stest_at_rsphy6> /usr/bin/yppasswd
Changing NIS password for stest
Old NIS password:
New password:
Retype new password:
RPC: Timed out

Your NIS passwd may or may not be changed

However, the NIS passwd for the user has been changed and the passwd map
has also been updated on all the NIS servers (master and slaves). I
cannot see what (if any) failed apart from the error messages...

Have someone seen this error? Is there really some error somewhere and if
not how could I get rid of the message...

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shiu
Shiu Tin Email: Shiu.Tin_at_anu.edu.au
Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University Tel: 61 2 6125 0104
Canberra, ACT, Australia 0200 Fax: 61 2 6125 8103
***Please note change of ANU phone numbers