SUMMARY: disk size "NOT KNOWN" in ESA1000

From: <jreed_at_appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:41:52 -0400

I had asked about 2 9GB disks in the spareset on an esa1000
scsi array with HSZ70s at firmware rev 7.3, where disks
show size when not in spareset, but once in spareset size
appears to be "NOT YET KNOWN". This behavior was also observed
when disks were put in a mirror.

        - this is normal, until we "ADD UNIT" of mirrorset
          no size may be visible.
        - size may be visible once storageset is initialized

This applies to mirrorset, but spareset cannot be initialized,
and on another array, identical except for firmware rev (7.7)
the disks in spareset show the size.

At this point I'm thinking it may be a firmware revision issue,
as all other arrays are at v7.7, so I'll suspend final judgement
till after we get this one upgraded.

Thanks to all who replied...

Judith Reed