routing question

From: <Lee_Brewer_at_discovery.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:12:23 -0400

Admins,

This problem seems to haunt me and I can't shake it. I have two netrain
interfaces

nr0
nr1

I have configured nr0 in our 5.1 cluster.

I have DNS entires for the two interfaces

hostname - nr0
hostname-back - nr1

ifconfig -a shows all of the intrefaces up and working....and I can ping both
interfaces

I would like to make all request to a server backup-server go throught the nr1
interface

I issued the command

route add -host backup-server hostname-back

when i issue a ping -R it hangs...along with a traceroute....

I know this probably is an easy fix, nut it just alludes me

Lee Brewer