SUMMARY: addvol/rmvol approx times

From: Tru64 User <tru64user_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

Once again, many thanks go to the list, espec.
Alan_at_nabeth, Dr. Tom Blinn, Andreas Maagdenberg, Ram
Rao, Pat Obrien.
Most suggest skipping step #3 (maybe till the end if
necessary), otherwise steps are OK.
Also words of caution, have good bkup, run verify
before addvol/rmvol, and also consider running defrag.
How long? Not definite, depends on many factors
eg.load on controllers, redundant configuration (which
vol is on what controller)++, one suggested about
5-10hrs for the rmvol. addvol is instatenously.
For those who wanted to know: the 177gb array (6disks
36gb each) are replacing two 88gb array (6 disks, 18gb
each), so in the end, I end up with one empty raid5,
6disk array slot.

_Thanks.

Richard

=====