X-server can not be started on diaplay: 0

From: Arturo <arturoespin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:09:24 -0500

Greetings gurus

System--->Digital workstation 433u (miata) running tru64 v.4.0E.

I have a workstation that now it doesn't boot up to CDE, instead is
saying that: "The X-server can not be started on display: 0..." few
lines later it reads: " Suspending Desktop login... press enter for a
login prompt" After pressing enter and authenticating in the system,
everything seems OK, of course in console mode (terminal).
History--->The wks was working fine, when I left work friday, and this
morning I found it in the three angle bracket prompt.

I was doing a search on www.tru64.org , but the work- around's that I
found doesn't seems to work for my problem.

I'm mainly interested (who not?) in re-install Xserver components
without re-installing the whole thing. But I don't know how (note: I
have three patches related with X server installed)

Thanks in advance

Arthur