SUMMARY : Tru64 5.1 - problems with NFS mounted filesytem

From: Browett, Darren <dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:43:36 -0800

First off, thank you to those that sent responses to this problem initially.
After
being escalated within compaq, we have a found the problem and the solution.

The problem is the my service is not properly configured as a NFS Service.
As it turns
out, my service is configured as a DISK service, but exported like a NFS
service.

Also, with v5.0 Compaq introduced locking into ksh, which created my locking
issue with
ksh and vi, which didn't show up with the other 4.0f clients.

To solve the problem in the short term, I had to start two additional
processes rpc.statd
and rpc.lockd both with the -b option on the NFS server. In the long term,
I will have
to recreate the service as a proper NFS type service, which should start the
rpc statd/lockd
-b.

Thanks Again

Darren