SUMMARY: Re-creating system disk from scratch with Networker/DLT backups

From: <Hugh.Pritchard_at_DC.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:11:00 -0500

The overwhelming consensus is that system disks should be backed up &
restored by the tools available on the installation CD: vdump/vrestore.
Once Networker (and its on-disk index) have been restored, proceed with
restoring the rest of the disks. Thanks again.

I am importuning my management to change our backup strategy before we
need the backups to do the Disaster Recovery Plan test.

                Hugh
   Hugh Pritchard (Tier Technologies), 202-724-4690
   D.C. Ofc of Corporation Counsel, Child Support Enforcement Division
   441 4th St NW, Suite 550, Washington, DC 20001
   mailto:Hugh.Pritchard_at_DC.gov