auto logout - cannot disable in 5.1

From: Sridhar <ssridhar_at_raven.pnu.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:40:15 -0500

Hello Admins

After upgrade from 4.0G->5.1 on our Alpha 8400, users' login windows from remote workstations keep going away after some time of inactivity (even if they are in the middle of a vi session). I first thought it was an auto logout feature in 5.1 and started looking for a TMOUT variable in /etc/csh.login and other places. I couldn't find it. I added a TMOUT=0 entry in csh.login but I am not sure it is helping. If I type 'last' I see "system crashed" as last entry for all such closed sessions. What does this mean and how do I disable this apparantly new feature/bug?

thanks
SS