HSZ40, HSOF 3.7 and Tru64 5.1

From: M Luchini <luchini_at_talk21.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:20:01 +0000

Hi all,

I have an alphastation connected to an HSZ40 running 4.0E. I need to upgrade to 5.1. The HSZ40 was running HSOF 3.4 but I have upgraded it to 3.7. This is required before the upgrade to 5.1.

To see whether 3.7 will work, I have tried a boot of 5.1 off CD. However, even off CD it does not see the HSZ40 correctly. I have 4 units configured on this array, D0, D1, D2 and D3 but only D0 is seen. Each unit is about 20Gb is size but the system only sees one unit of 80Gbs in size.

The adapter is a KZPSA with firmware A10 - correct according to the manual. The host is an Alphastation 500/333 which is not formally supported with an HSZ40 but has always worked fine at all previous O/S versions.

Is there anybody out there who has successfully upgraded a system with an HSZ40 from 4.0x to 5.1 and is there anybody who has done it on an Alphastation 500 or similar?

Thanks,

Marco