NFS (nfs2) on OSF/1 3.0

From: Charlie <jui_at_greisen.physics.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 11:18:37 -0700 (MST)

Hi managers:

I have just started mounting NFS file systems from our local ultrix stations.
I have seen many NFS time outs from more than a single server. The other
ultrix workstations appear to have no problems of this sort. Is there a bug
in the NFS on OSF/1 version 3.0 (I loaded the operating system off the
August 1994 issue of the CDROM)????...do I have to install any patches
to get it going properly? Or is it a problem with our local network?

I should mention that the connection to the ULTRIX boxes is strictly via
NFS2.

thanks

Charlie Jui
Physics Dept.