Diskquota Woes

From: Mary Aplin <aplin_at_alpha.loyno.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:54:23 +0100 (MET)

Hello OSFfers --

I'm trying to set up diskquotas on my Alpha (OSF v2). The documentation
leaves ALOT to be desired. DEC Software Support could only help me get to
a certain point then told me that I'm on my own.

I want to set up group quotas so that all my users (in group users) have
a diskquota; when they exceed their quota they have a "grace" time and a
"overdraft" of a few blocks.

I'm at the point now where I edit my users quota file (edquota -g users).
It contains the following:

/usr/users: blocks in use: 679, limits (soft=0, hard=0)
            inodes in use: 94, limits (soft=0, hard=0)

Where do I put the numbers I want for diskquotas? Where do I put
the amount of "grace" time I want the users to have? Also, (it's stupid
question time), I have no idea what to put for the inodes (I know it will
be alot less than the disk quota.)

Would someone out there who uses diskquotas please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Mary Aplin
Loyola University, New Orleans