SUMMARY: xcd with v3.0

From: Cary Talbot <talbot_at_albert.wes.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 17:20:54 -0600 (CST)

Original question:

> Ever since I updated to v3.0 of OSF/1 (from 2.1), xcd (the one found in
> /usr/examples/motif/xcd) will not work properly. The program will run,
> displaying the nice little window with cd controls but when you push the
> play button, the program exits with a crash (it does continue to play the
> cd, however). etc etc etc

The overwhelming reply was to bag xcd and its crude cd interface and
opt for the sexy, hot xmcd CD interface. Not only did it compile with
no tweeking on my part but it is indeed a far cry from the meger interface
of xcd. Thanks for all who replied. In case anyone else wants it,
xmcd is evidently widely available but I got it from:

ftp.x.org in the /contrib/applications/xmcd directory.

Nice little piece o' software, that xmcd.

Cary A. Talbot, Hydraulic Engineer US Army Corps of Engineers
ATTN: CEWES-HH-G Waterways Experiment Station
3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
phone:(601)634-4286 fax:(601)634-4208 email:talbot_at_hl.wes.army.mil