SUMMARY: Netscape 1.12 dumps core under OSF/1 on AXP

From: Mark Bartelt <sysmark_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 10:17:40 -0400

Barely twenty minutes after posting my query, I got a reply, including
a correct diagnosis. Many thanks to timothy_at_persimmon.com, who wrote:

| Just a thought, but I've seen a similar problem on Linux which was
| caused by the presence of the old preferences files, cache, etc. If
| you do an 'ls -a' and then mv away anything that looks like it came
| from 'netscape' (or 'mozilla' for that matter), it might work.

Sure enough, simply doing a "rm -rf .MCOM-*" in my home directory caused
netscape 1.12 to work fine. (It names its files ".netscape-*", but does
seem to get confused by the existence of old ".MCOM-*" files.) Loads of
thanks to Timothy, and thanks in advance to everyone else who's already
sent suggestions which haven't arrived yet!

Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for mark_at_cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca

"Clothes not busy being worn are busy drying." - Dylan, on laundry day
          [ singing "It's all right, ma (I'm only bleaching)" ]