How to get passwded with C2 during single-user boot/shutdown

From: Ted Asocks <tra_at_ucolick.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:16:07 -0800 (PDT)

Hello managers.

I would like to get prompted for the root passwd before entering init
level S from level 0 or level 2,3. We run enhanced security (C2) and
I have changed the entry in /etc/auth/system/default from:

        :d_boot_authenticate_at_:\
        :d_boot_authenticate:\

but I still do not get a passwd prompt when changing states.

I must be missing something simple, unfortunately I do not have a
private machine to take up and down to try out various incantations.

The system in question is a 3000/600 running OSF1 V2.0.

  Ted Asocks                                         tra_at_ucolick.org
  Systems Administrator                              VOICE: (408)459-4020
  UCO/Lick Observatory                               FAX:   (408)454-9863