easy upgrade to du 4.0?

From: Brad Block <bradb_at_s1.GANet.NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 07:11:54 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We're currently using osf 3.2c and we have no REAL reason to upgrade.
The box has been up for almost 100 days serving usenet news, nfs mounted
users directories, and nis maps. Also of consideration is the fact that
the box is "live" - that is other machines depend on it being up now.
Anyway, given this background, my questions are:

1. what benefits would we gain by switching to 4.0. we dont do c2 and
dont do encrypted password files either

2. howeasy an upgrade is it? can we preserve all the old filessytems and
configuration files? how much downtime could we expect?

- Thank you!
Brad Block