Problem with Console.

From: Amilcar Ramirez <aramirez_at_pollux.javeriana.edu.co>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:58:56 -0500 (GMT-0500)

Hello...

We have a big problem.
Our server is a Digital alpha DEC 2000 with a OSF/1 v. 3.2c, with 128
Megabytes RAM, ADVFS and Polycenter.

We have seen that the console (X-windows sesion) crashes very often and
every time more often, mouse and keyboard stop working, the display freezes
in the Digital logo or the current sesion. After rebooting the system it takes
about ten minutes to crash again. We have tried restarting the X-windows
sesion only but it did not work either, aparently the only way to make it
work is rebooting but for short period of time.
There are not bizarre processes runing and the system is quite secure.

We are wondering how we can access the XIsso and Polycenter utilities
from a terminal since these aplications we use the most.

P.D. All answers are wellcome to pollux_at_pollux.javeriana.edu.co
     Thanks.

Pollux Administration.