SUMMARY: No permission to su root

From: Shirley Chrisman <Shirley.Chrisman_at_asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 10:52:04 -0700 (MST)

Hello Again!

Wow! Thanks for all your help with this issue. I have never had to deal
with thinking about su (at least with HP and Sun -- shows you how much I know
about DEC products...). I guess I expected a "cannot execute" message, or
something to that effect. I'd like to list and thank everybody individually,
however, I think this question was answered by the entire membership of the
OSF netgroup. (I am serious! ...and I still have more answers coming because
I can hear my e-mail beep as I type this note to you).

P.S. Answer from everybody: Add the user to system in /etc/group.

Shirley Chrisman
Information Technology
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85224