NFS

From: Information Systems <thlis_at_bpc.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 10:54:19 +1200

Hi there,

I am running DEC Unix 3.2c on a Alpha 2000 4/200. What I want to do is this.
I want to create a 'PC Common' area on the system so that PC users can dump
and upload data from a specific area.Most of our users run a Windows For
Workgroups or NT Workstation environment.

I have created a NFS file system and shared it, what sort of software is out
there that I can use to attach from a PC to the UNIX system for the purpose
of storing and retrieving information. I know that FTP & terminal emulation
programs will allow data transferring, but I really want the area to be able
to be shown as an extra network drive on a PC.

Is this possible at all? And if it is, how do I go about doing it? Thank you
all in advance.

Ian Apperley
(I hate it when the boss asks me hard questions...)