Digital Print Server 17?

From: Peter Hudson <peter_at_osm.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 10:31:47 BST

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using and configuring a DEC
Print Server 17? I understand it uses a proprietary protocol (we can't
treat it as an LPD device), and the interface program (lprls) is
tied to the /etc/printcap file - i.e. it takes no command line options.

Does anyone have any information about what the protocol is, or if
there is any way of getting something other than lprls to talk to the
print server successfully?

Many thanks,

    Peter Hudson