[SUMMARY] CDE and 3.2d

From: Clifford Krieger <ckrieger_at_psi.prc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:55:49 EDT

This is the original message:

->I searched the archives and found my problem. Now all I need is a simple
->answer. It seems that one of the patches that DEC has released for CDE
->causes it to not allow users to login. Something about not allowing
->multiple users. That patch was appearantly rolled into 3.2d.

Several people responded to this question:
Pat Lampert
Vipul Patel
Tim Mooney

They all said basicly the same thing.

This is Pats response:
->
->There is an unofficial patch available from the customer support centers
->in the for this. Customers must have a valid support contract or pay
->on a per call basis to obtain this patch. This patch replaces dtlogin
->and fixes the "too many users" error message for 3.2d.
->
->Note the CDE Advanced Developer's Toolkit is not really supported until
->Digital UNIX 4.0. If you cannot contact the US CSC 1-800-354-9000 for this
->unofficial patch then you can upgrade to Digital UNIX 4.0 to resolve this
->problem. When contacting the CSC select 2 for software support and ask
->for the team that supports CDE on Digital UNIX.
->
->
->Pat Lampert CSC Atlanta

Thanks for everyones kind assistance. I have a call into DEC now.

-cliff