X.500 not working on DU 4.0

From: Todd Acheson <acheson_at_oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 10:41:24 -0500

Don't even think about running X.500 on DU 4.0 at this
time.

I spent a week messing around with DU 4.0 trying to
get it and DCE, DECnet and X.500 up.

The DU upgrade from 3.2C seemed to go OK, but I had
big problems with all the above mentioned layered
products.

The DECnet installation script was failing and I had
to edit it. (Dec claims to have not seen my problem
before)

The X.500 won't run on DU 4.0 and there is no date for
a release that will run. Even though it was on the
July layered products CD with no disclaimer about not
running on 4.0.

DCE has problems when DECnet is installed.

I am having to go back to 3.2C from my backups.

This was not up to DEC standards and my past good
experiences with upgrades.

Todd Acheson
Ohio University
614-593-0034