Problem with xdm not starting correctly after upgrade to 3.2c

From: Tim Minton <tminton_at_GCPL.LIB.OH.US>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 11:23:04 EDT

Dear Managers,

        After doing an upgrade from 3.2a(maybe b) to 3.2c. I get a problem
with xdm starting. I have an ATI Mach64 PCI video card hooked up to a NEC
XE21 monitor. This combination worked fine before the upgrade. I saw no
warnings or errors on the upgrade.

What happens is that the screen goes black (like it has lost a video signal)

I have rebooted with a spare root partition with 3.2b on it and xdm comes up.
Thus no hardware failures.

Has anyone ran into a problem with the ATI card with DU 3.2c.

Any Help is appreciated.

Tim Minton
tminton_at_gcpl.lib.oh.us
Network Administrator