Getting the cover open!

From: Steve Timm <timm_at_charm.phy.albany.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings, managers...

This may be the most stupid question asked to date on this list, but
it's late at night and I'm in a pinch:

We've just taken delivery on two DEC 3000-700's. I need to remove
the cover to install some 3rd-party internal disks. When I attempt to
do so as illustrated in the manual, I find it is not possible to slide
the cover back due to two small metal tabs at the lower side of
the unit near the back that are keeping it from sliding back. Any
hints on how to get the cover off without doing violence to the unit?

Steve Timm