print queue for HP4MV on NT 3.51 blocks access from DUnix 4.0

From: Jan Mevis <jme_at_haydn.generale.be>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:15:02 GMT

When I define a print queue for a HP4MV printer on a Windows NT 3.51 server
(using TCP/IP), then this printer (defined in the /etc/printcap on a Dec
Alpha 2100 4/275 with DUnix V4.0 as a remote printer) is not reachable
anymore from the Unix machine. An lpc stat says "waiting for the printer to
come up", while it's reachable with a ping. As soon as I remove the print
queue from the Windows NT 3.51 server, the printer becomes available again
on the Dec Alpha. Apparently the print queue on the NT server blocks the
access from another server.
Any ideas about what went wrong ?

Thanks,

Jan Mevis
SysAdmin Generale Maatschappij van Belgie