Exporting NT File System to UNIX using NFS

From: Surash Natarajan <SURASH_at_omc.otis.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:37:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
In our environment we have a Digital Alpha PC AXP 150 acting as a WindowsNT
3.51 server and this server is running Netmanage Chameleon32NFS version
3.12. One of the volumes in this server is exported as a NFS export volume.
This exported volume is mounted in a Digital AlphaServer 2000 4/233 running
Digital UNIX 3.2c. Accessing this NFS mounted volume under "normal"
conditions, everything works fine. The problem is, if a directory contains
a large amount of files (more than 1000 files) only a certain amount of
files are visible and the rest are not accessible. For example we have a
directory containing over 1700 file and if we run a "ls" command of the NFS
mounted file system, we only see about slightly over 900 files, the rest of
the files are not accessible. We are not really sure of where the problem is
or what area of NFS to troubleshoot.

Any help in solving this problem will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Surash Natarajan
OTIS Engineering Center, Penang, Malaysia
surash_at_omc.otis.utc.com