network not reachable problem

From: Morrison, Kathy D. <MORRIKD1_at_central.ssd.jhuapl.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:53:43 -0500

Hello all,
Have an Alpha 255/300 running DU 3.2g.
My ftp and telnet capability was running fine. Now, when I attempt to
use those utilities, , the connection times out.
I have used ping -r hostname, and get a "network is unreachable" error
message.
I searched the archives, but have not been able to fix this. I've tried
turning on and off routed via netsetup.
The "network is unreachable"message seems to mean that there is no
default route.
Wouldn't turning on routed fix this?
Since it was working fine previously, I hate to start changing too many
things, when it's probably something obvious.....
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.....

Kathy
morrison_at_apollo.jhuapl.edu