use of tput - where can I find elements it takes

From: David Bremer <DaveB_at_healthotago.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:38:22 +1200

someone once showed me the use of tput in awk to manipulate the screen

eg:
To re-type on the same line set variables "lnup" and "ceol" in a BEGIN
by:
"tput cuu1" | getline lnup
close("tput cuu1")
"tput el" | getline ceol
close("tput el")

then issue print commands for "lnup" and "ceol" when you need to

Now I think this is pretty neat and am wondering what else I can do

However, this guy (who was only here on shrot term consultancey) is now
long gone

My question is:
Where on earth is a list of items that you can use for tput? I've
checked out its man page, stty & terminfo man pages - even tried "stty
-a" and can't find any reference to things such as "ccu1" or "el" as
used above (which I know work).

(BTW - yes - I've heard that perl is wonderful - but at the moment I
want to come to terms with awk)

TIA

Dave

--
Clinical Account Manager, Information Systems
Healthcare Otago (Dunedin NZ)