Disappearing SCSI bus

From: Gary Menna <G.Menna_at_isu.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 13:37:06 +1000 (EST)

Alpha 2100A V4.0B

Hi All,
        I recently had one of my SCSI busses disappear.
Would not even show up with scu. I had two devices on it , the
internal disk and the CD drive . I brought the system down to the
SRM level and found that I could access both devices from there ,
but when I booted up , the bus was still missing .
I ended up bring the system down and doing a physical power off/on ,
this at last recovered the bus .
Has any-one seen this problem before , and does anyone know if I
can recover the bus without going through the power off/on .

Thanking you ,

Gary Menna E-Mail g.menna_at_isu.usyd.edu.au
Info Tech Services Phone +61 2 9351-6360
University of Sydney (G05) Fax +61 2 9351-7711

We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming, and soaked in
blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have
to stop there.