How to assign modes to directorys for groups

From: Alexis Villagra <avillagra_at_gmd.com.pe>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 19:00:01 -0500

Dear People:
I want that all the members of the group new_group have a mode like 750,
where do I have to put this, in order that when I create a user with
adduser and if it belongs to the group new_group then its files modes
where 750.
Also, Why in the file /etc/group there are groups(Lines of text) like:
bin:*:
tape:*:.
users:*:.

Who belongs to these groups, because if someone belongs to a group, it
should look like:
group:*:user01,user02,etc.

Why do these groups exist.
Thanks in advance.