From: Diane Ibaraki <diane_at_uhheph.phys.hawaii.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 09:21:15 -1000 (HST)

Hi,

I received a two replies and one "me too!" to my posting (see below for
original posting). It will take time to follow up on these suggestions and
verify success since I can't make the problem happen. I will post a follow
up posting if I get anywhere.

Tom Barkanic recommends:
>"Some things you mite try are increasing the number of nfsd's. Mine is set
>to 16. Another is make sure you have all the NFS/AdvFS patches for 3.2.
>The other is uping the NFS timeout value for your clients. Take a look at
>the mount man page for timeo and retry."

I'm not running AdvFS and I couldn't find any patches that address this
particular problem, will keep looking. My nfsd is set to 16
I will take a look at timeo and retry.

Robert L. McMillin asks:
>"You don't say whether you've checked the server daemons to see whether
>they still exist on the server machine. Have they crashed?"

Sorry I didn't check, I will the next time the problem happens.

Thank you,
Diane Ibaraki
University of Hawaii
High Energy Physics