sendmail 8.9.1 - allowing relay within domain

From: Paul N. Youngblood <youngbp_at_email.uah.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:37:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hello System Admins,

I've just built and installed sendmail 8.9.1 on an AlphaServer
2100 running Digital UNIX v 3.2D-1. It seems to run fine, and
as advertised, prevents (by default) all relaying.

Does anyone know how I can configure sendmail on this node to
allow relaying within my domain AND our domain's ip? That is,
I want it to allow relaying in these two ways:
(1) Mail originating within "uah.edu" (and corresponding ip)
     should be relayed to anywhere.
(2) Mail originating outside this domain and addressed to
     anywhere within this domain should be relayed.

I need to allow relaying based both on our domain and on our
domain's ip address, because not every node in our domain has
a DNS entry.

Please note that I've seen (but don't fully understand) the
information on these web pages:
   http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html
   http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti-spam.html

Thank you for taking the time to help. I'll summarize.

Paul Youngblood
University of Alabama in Huntsville
youngbloodp_at_uah.edu