WU-FTP on DU 4.0d Guest Access

From: Keith C. Barth <barthkei_at_aquinas.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:30:31 -0400

Osf Managers:

I have tried to set up guest accounts using WU_FTP.

I have been successful setting up anonymous ftp, but the guest
accounts will not chroot. The guests end up having access to the
whole file system.

I verified that WU_FTP is reading the ftpaccess file (this is not a
-a problem). Groups are set up correctly. I have bin and etc
directories with ls, group, and passwd in their respective places.

Is there a trick to get WU_FTP to chroot? Or can anyone suggest
another ftp daemon that will run well on Digital UNIX ( with C2
security) and enable me to create guest logins with restricted access
to the file system.

Keith C. Barth
Applications Systems Manager
College Computing