SUMMARY: dupatch - problem during verify

From: <marty.cruchten_at_paulwurth.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:57:23 +0200

Many thanks to Skott and Olle for their quick response.

My original question:

> I just run dupatch with the verify option for patch kit 0007 for DU
40B.
> For Patch 0548.00 (Various Kernel Fixes), the verify run displays the
> error:
> -----
> Can not identify the origin of ./sys/BINARY/cam_pza.mod.
> This patch will not be installed.
> -----
> The file /sys/BINARY/cam_pza.mod however exists and
> /usr/sys/BINARY/cam_pza.mod is a link to it. How can I correct this
> problem so that dupatch will install the patch?

Solution:

An additional patch was applied for file sys/BINARY/cam_pza.mod and so,
dupatch doesn't find
the version of the file it expects and refuses to install the patch.

You have to restore the original version of the file, then the
jumbopatch can be applied successfully.
After installation, check whether the additional patch has to be
reappied or not. In my case,
the additional patch is a patch required for the A11 KZPSA firmware and
 "what cam_pza.mod"
of the additional patch version of cam_pza.mod shows a newer revision
than the jumbopatch version of cam_pza.mod, so I think I have to
reinstall the additional patch after installation of the jumbopatch
0007.

Best regards
Marty Cruchten
Paul Wurth S.A.