SUMMARY : malloc problem stopping expire

From: managers account <managers_at_mannet.mcb.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:37:56 +0100 (BST)

Thanks to two hard working list members on a Sunday
Tom Leitner and Michael Matthews

Both advised me to raise the datasize limit in the shell as follows:

limit datasize unlimited

To get round the problem in future I have edited the news.daily script to
add this line before execing the expire program itself.

Just to add my own comment if this happens to you, remember you have to
clear the reserved reason as news.daily will have put a reason like "
Expiring 12345 on /var/tmp" and this will have been left when expire
crashed. Fix it by pausing the server with that reason (got from ctlinnd
mode) and then go with the same reason which will clear it and let the
next news.daily run.

Stuart McKenzie