vdump

From: <DINMAN_at_ALADDIN-ASI.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:19:33 -0600

Good Afternoon,

DEC-UX 4.0b patch kit 8
ADVFS file systems across the board

I am using vdump for backups for reasons of expense and performance compared
with NSR. I am generally pleased, BUT there is one thing that I need to do.

Question:
I am dumping a fileset that has several hundred directories/sub-directories
with many thousands of files. I would like to exclude just one of those
directories from my vdump of the file system. Is this doable with vdump?

TIA

Dale Inman
Unix Systems Mgr. Aladdin Industries
v. 615-748-3242 f. 615-874-1743
"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to
excellence regardless of his chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi