StorageWorks disks

From: Gyula Szokoly <szgyula_at_tarkus.pha.jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:24:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  I know it's a repeated question, but someone may have found a source
for StorageWorks disks recently. I'm trying to get a 4G drive for
our AlphaServer 1000A and so far I found only Dec (oops, Compaq). Now
I don't really mind the 50% proprietary tax, but the only drive that
they have for me is the RZ1CC (IBM). In my personal experience those
drives were not reliable (50% failled in a year) so there is NO WAY
I'm going to put it in our server. I was also offered refurbished RZ29
(Seagate barracuda) drives, but I don't trust refurbished drives either
(my choice, probably no factual base). As it stands, I will get an external
drive, which is far from optimal (especially since the internal bus
can not take an external drive due to cable length and our extra SCSI
card is narrow).
  It is a loose-loose situation. Any suggestion?

TIA,
  Gyula