DNS Problems

From: Mike Whorley <mwhorley_at_baan.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:28:14 +0100

Fellow managers,

I have recently added an Alpha system to our network that was formally
running on another network.

The server has been allocated a new IP address using IPCONFIG and the
machine now talks happily to other systems

I've set up /etc/resolv.conf with the same information as the other nodes in
our network but the machine will not resolve names - Have I missed anything
here ?

alpha1.root> telnet tibet
tibet: Unknown host

alpha1.root> nslookup tibet
*** Can't initialize resolver.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mike Whorley
IT - Global Research & Development
BaaN
Tel - 01423 537934 Fax - 01423 530525
Mobile - 07775 720259
E-Mail - mwhorley_at_baan.com <mailto:mwhorley_at_baan.com>