SUMMARY: Immortal Email

From: Gano, Dag <dgano_at_ss.ca.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:29:06 -0800

Problem: Mail message to invalid user bouncing forever between the web
server and the mail server.

Solution: Add the web server (wwwhost.subdomain.domain) to
/etc/sendmail.cw (this didn't exist - created it) and add
"Fw/etc/sendmail.cw" to /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.cf and restart
sendmail.

Thanks to pavel_at_cssip.edu.au for helping me out of a truly frustrating
bind, as well as to others who gave it a good shot. Thanks!

The text of the original plea for help follows: