system locks

From: Randy Rodgers <rrodgers_at_ci.ft-wayne.in.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:07:14 -0500

Managers,

I am being told by a third party vendor that a problem they are having is
caused by the system locks being used up. They have told me I need to
evaluate the NFILE, NFLOCKS and NINODE kernel parameters. They tell me to
use "sar -v" to check NINODE. I know that this is a System V command. I
have been unable to determine if there is anything equivilant without
System V. I have also been unable to find the above kernel parameters.
Can anyone help me with this problem.

We are running an AS 2100 & the files are in AdvFs.

[ Randy Rodgers
[ rrodgers_at_ci.ft-wayne.in.us
[ System Administrator
[ Allen County/City of Fort Wayne