SUMMARY: Swap space

From: Fredy Villa <fredyvilla_at_w3link.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:35:56 -0500

Hey guys,

        Thanks for the replies.

PROBLEM:

        I got the error 'swap space is below 10% free'. My question was:
how do I add more swap space?

        Basically I can do two things:

1.- use an empty partition and allocate another swap space

2.- change from conservative mode to deferred mode by deleting or
renaming the symbolic link: /etc/swapdefault

Well, I actually tried to to reduce the amount of memorey certain
processes reserved. I increased the % free space from %10 to %45. We run
about 20 webservers and each one was reserving about 12M-15M. Probably
in the future I will have to implement way 1 or 2 to add swap space.

NOTES:

to view the available swap space information use:
  swapon -s
to add a new partion to the file /etc/fstab use:
swapon -a

Fredy Villa