NetWorker 4.2 with DU4.0B

From: PF Wong <pf.wong_at_onyxcomputers.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:19:09 -0400

Hi osf managers,

I am new to this user group and I apologize if the question has been
asked here before.
I have a Alpha 2100 running DU4.0B. I am trying to install NetWorker 4.2
from the Associated CD. The first time I started "nwadmin" after the
installation I got "Server not available" error. Apparently it is
related to the case of the hostname. Since the hostname, ORCSRV, of the
server is in upper case, I add an entry "orcsrv" with the same IP
address in the /etc/hosts file and the "Server not available" error was
fixed. However when I clicked on the client setup in nwadmin GUI, I did
not see any client created. If I tried to create a client with the
hostname orcsrv, it gave me an error "Too many clients, DECNSR-NET-CLNT
license was not found". I read the Installation manual and found that no
specific license is required if you were using NetWorker on the local
server. ( I have OSF-BASE and OSF-USR loaded into the system) I have
seen the installation of NetWorker in another Alpha and I found that the
client is created automatically by using the local server hostname
(hostname is in lower case).
Has anyone else run into the same problem? Does NetWorker only recognize
lower case hostname?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.F.