Regarding DEC Memory File System

From: Emanuel Salazar <Emanuel.Salazar_at_mci.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:22 -0600 (MDT)

system: DU 4.0d, Alpha 4100, 6GB Memory, HSZ70 with 40 rz29 disks

I am writing to ask if anyone has experience using DEC's Memory File
System. I am looking for how-to install and configure type of
information, and any pitfalls I should avoid. My literature search has
yielded no helpful information.

My intent is to create a 300 MB ram disk for /var/tmp and place ObjectStore
files there to improve performance. ODI (the Objectstore people) have
suggested this to my user and they want to try it.

I will post a SUMMARY, please advise, and thanks in advance.

emanuel.salazar_at_mci.com
719-535-1292/VNet 622-1292