From: Ellen Davis <Ellen.Davis_at_UC.Edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:55:11 -0400

Original question:
I wanted to know if the DECthreads patch was included in DU4.0D or its
patch kit #1. I called DEC support about this patch. The guy I talked to
said it should be included in the DU4.0D patch kit #1. He did not sound
very sure of
himself and the CLD is not mentioned in the READMEs. I'd like to be sure.
Can anyone confirm that this patch is included in the patch kit? If not,
how do I get it?

Thanks to:
 Stephen LaBelle <labelles_at_mscd.EDU>
>I am running a machine with DU 4.0D and patch kit #1.
>I have the advfs Utilities installed and I am not seeing this problem.
>You do have the proper patch, you can procede.
>
> Steve
>
>PS. I remember the problem, I saw it with DU4.0B. It was fixed with
>in DU4.0B patch kit #3.

and to:

"C.Ruhnke" <i769646_at_smrs013a.mdc.COM>
>grep libpthread.so /usr/.smdb./OSFPAT*425.inv reveals that this library is
>in Patch 0001.01 - Patch: DECthread Library Correction in the Patch kit #1.

 Ellen Davis
 Ellen.Davis_at_uc.edu