ADVFS filesystem reports out of space, but isn't

From: Jim Turner <jimt_at_netins.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:35:55 -0500

Hello all...

I have a filesystem that df -k reports having approx. 70MB of space
left on it, but refuses to let anything write to it. My first guess
was that some descriptors got whacky and a verify would take care of
the problem. verify reported no problems, and while the system was
in single-user, it wrote just fine.

Upon boot, it was right back to where it was before. I then proceeded
to search this list for anyone having the same problem. While there
were some that were close, none of the solutions given to them are
working for me. The last idea I tried was using lsof to find some
monsterous open file... to no avail.

I am out of ideas. The only other suggestion I saw was to vdump and
vrestore. I really, really, really don't want to do this unless there
is nothing else left to try. I thank you all in advance for any
suggestions.

--
Jim Turner
Systems Administrator