booting to single user mode from firmware prompt

From: Spalding, Stephen <SSpaldin_at_mem-ins.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:00:17 -0500

Hello all!

Whenever I do a "boot -fl s" from the firmware prompt, it takes me to what
looks like run level 1, but when I do a "who -r" from there, it tells me
that it's run level 0. I then have to do an "init s" to get the system to
run level s. Can anyone tell me why this is and/or what can I do about it?
The way that I caught this is when I was performing an O/S patch install, it
said that it needed single user mode and that I needed to type in "init s".

Thanks!

-StephenS