login probs with SAMBA

From: Neta Hedberg <neta.hedberg_at_sigit.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:08:57 +0200

Hello managers

I could really use some help now. I can't make the logins work in Win95

We have som education for the university. Our server i a 2100 with DU 4.0E.
We use NIS.

The students log in from Win95 using SAMBA. A new class will start Monday
and they will need usernames and passwords. I have added new users before
without any problems. (I use System Setup... account manager... add. Then I
copy /etc/passwd to /var/yp/src/passwd. After that I do "make passwd" and
everything usually goes fine.)

This time I had to add a new group for this new class. This is what I did:

* In the account manager I added the group.

* I copied /etc/group to /var/yp/src/group

* I did "make group"

* Then I added a user the way I described above.

After this I can't login as this new user from Win95. But there is no
problem to login via telnet.

Can anyone see what I am missing here?

Any help will be VERY appreciated

Thank you! Neta Hedberg