Console variables resetting

From: Stuart Hartley <stuart.hartley_at_jewson.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:00:05 +0000

Hello All,

Merry everything, hope it all went as smoothly as it did here....with one
exception

One of our machines (AS2100 / 4.0E PK1 / Firmware 5.3) was shut down to
chevrons on Dec 31, left powered on, and booted again on Jan 2nd.

After several problems with the boot I checked the values of various console
settings and found that the following has changed :

ewa0_mode changed from AUI to FAST
bootdef_dev changed from dra0.0.0.0.1001.0 to (blank)
boot_osflags changed from A to 0

I have reset them all correctly now and performed a couple of reboots to
make sure that they stay.

Has anyone had anything similar? We have similar machines that have produced
no problems.

Thanks

Stuart Hartley
Jewson IT