Problem with SAP R/3 - Informix - Tru64UNIX

From: Ruben Gomez <rgomez_at_Riverland-America.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:46:35 -0600

Hi...

In a SAP R/3 installation (version 40b) using Informix 7.22 as Database, and
Tru64 UNIX version 4.0 release F there was the next problem: During Informix
dbspace-creation, Informix cannot find or allocate the shared memory kernel
parameter "shm-max" and "shm-mni" and "shm-min", so, the database cannot be
created and the R/3 installation is aborted, watching the SAP R/3 notes, the
kernel parameters should be changed before the installation but it doesnŽt
matter what value you enter on those parameters (based on the notes) the
installation will be aborted.

This is a Tru64 Discussion Group, but if someone has been involved in a R/3
installation and couldŽve been involved in the Tru64 tuning before the R/3,
IŽll appreciate if you could give me the kernel values so we could try them
out. Or if you have some other suggestions, IŽll read them closely.

Ruben Gomez A.
(525)523-8817 Ext. 28
rgomez_at_riverland-america.com